Friday, September 17, 2004

What's this Guilt?

As someone says, Guilt is a personal admission that I am conditionally Lovable. I think we create guilt when there is no need for it. And it is one emotion which is absolutely unnecessary for existence and it is that emotion which degrades the quality of life. I feel this Guilt again does not come form within my mind. At times I don’t find myself wrong anywhere but the society is hell bound to make me confess and realize that I made a mistake. This is again and idea that I feel is brought up from the society. The society has decided a threshold, performing below which makes me guilty and my performance above that threshold is appreciated by the society. Guilt for me is the fight between what I want to do and what this society wants me to do. Now if I conform to the society I feel guilty as I am not what I want to be.. If I didn't, I feel guilty as I couldn't fulfill the expectations of others placed on me.

No comments: