Sunday, February 19, 2006

In Search of a Soulmate..

Did you ever feel that you were missing someone you have never met? Richard gets this right, when he writes this in "The Bridge Across Forever". This is the book which I love for putting a complex emotion like love in elegant and beautiful manner. Another one which I loved is "Love Story" by Erich Segal.

There is a need for someone in life, who can stand by you through thick and thin. It's just not the despair that you can’t brave this world alone. It's a nagging feeling of being incomplete, a desire to be unconditionally loved, and longingness for completion and compatibility. Big words and I wonder if they can ever be true.

Do you believe that a Mr. or Miss Perfect exists for you? I do. For me, life is a journey of adventures, a path of struggles, a valley of joys, small pleasures and little achievements, of failures and learnings, of longing and emptiness, of triumphs and patience: all packed in a mission to discover LOVE and a desire to reinvent oneself in a growing feeling of warmth and affection of the loved ones.

What do I expect from my Mr. Right? A person who respects my independence and freedom of thought and action, who never tries to lead my life as his own, and is sensitive and sensible to my character. Seems like a tall order, isn't it? But who knows, I might even get lucky! The only thing that shatters dreams is a compromise; hence, I will close my eyes and resign myself to sleep.

No comments: