Thursday, January 27, 2005

Science, Technology and Ecology....

Its been a long time since I sat in a class and this topic came up coz its an elective subject for this current trimester. I have absolutely no idea what this elective is going to be and I kept quiet in the whole class like a dumb soul.. If one asks me what's your take on this issue, I have to say that I got a lot of fragmented thoughts. Well today I heard a lot of interesting observations to say the least and could see the interconnections among these terms. Science as something which is understood and technology as application of science to satisfy our current needs. Where does ecology figure in? It gets impacted by the influence of science and technology on man, his relationships and the processes which influence his quality of life. All this seem so complicated, but still it makes sense when I brood a lot on this issues. Well, one can ask the relevance of this topic, all I have to say is that science and technology in the current times have influenced the lifestyles and do dictate the standard of life. Somehow I feel that they make me dispassionate over their influence on the ecological system and I feel more distant from the relationship I have with Ecology. Guess I think this is worth pondering over, just to evaluate my stand on these issues as awareness defines maturity of thought process for me.

No comments: